Here is a great dementia resource for caregivers and healthcare professinals,
Your residents will love the Amazon Kindle Fire
Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be
Here is a way for nurses administrators, social workers and other health care professionals to get an easyceu or two
Follow alzheimersideas on twitter
- Humor is infectious. The sound of roaring laughter is far
When laughter is shared, it binds people together and
increases happiness and intimacy. In addition to the domino
effect of joy and amusement, laughter also triggers healthy
physical changes in the body. Humor and laughter
strengthen your immune system, boost your energy,
diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of
stress. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and
easy to use.
Laughter is strong medicine for mind and body
Laughter is good for your health
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.