Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Plan to honor your nurses(part 2)




Activities directors, other healthcare professionals and caregivers
As I said in the last post, I make a card for the residents to distribute to the nurses on staff. This, as you might expect, makes for good relationships between the residents and the staff. I like to foster positive relationships with as many groups of people as possible. Whenever there is an opportunity, I take advantage of it.

Before the card distribution, we have a nice discussion about the nurses’ jobs. I ask if the residents know all the things that the nurses do for them and others in the facility. Before the discussion is over, everyone is so thankful for all the nurses.

Above is an example of the card I made. It is pretty simple, but it gets the message across.
Have the higher functioning residents fold the cards or make their own cards.

For a great resource for those with dementia, caregivers and healthcare professinals, click here

For information on being the best caregiver you can be, click here

For interesting dementia articles and activities, click here

No comments: