Here is a great dementia resource for caregivers and healthcare professinals,
Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be
Here is some information to help you celebrate Rose Day which i in February
Interesting Facts about Roses
- In 1986, then President Ronald Reagan signed legislation making the rose the official National Flower of the United States.
- Over 900 acres of greenhouse roses are harvested in the United States every year. 60% of these are grown in California.
- Florists sell millions of roses each year in the United States. The two biggest days for sales are Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day. Christmas is the third highest day for rose sales.
- Columbus’ crew picked a rose branch out of the ocean on October 11, 1492. This signaled the presence of land. The very next day, Columbus discovered America.
- Ancient Romans believed that white roses grew where the tears of Venus fell when she was mourning Adonis.
- The oldest rose in the world has flourished for over 1,000 years on the wall of Hildeshiem Cathedral in Germany.
- Copy this mandala rose picture or have your group create their own mandala art