Thursday, June 11, 2015

Friendship day , proverbs and poems

Here is a great dementia resource for caregivers and healthcare professionals,

Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be


You will love the Amazon Kindle Fire

Here is a way for nurses administrators, social workers and other health care  professionals to get an easyceu or two


Follow alzheimersideas on twitter

The Dementia Caregiver's Little Book of Hope [Kindle Edition]




Activities directors, caregivers and other healthcare professionals, here is some great information on friendship to help you celebrate International Friendship Day

Friendship thoughts
"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.
Before him I may think aloud."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)~

True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, - Anais Nin

"My friends are my estate."

"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out"
-Walter Winchell

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."
- Len Wein - Sent by Paulo Louro

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
- Sent by Donna Roberts

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."
- Sent by Lysha

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies). Sent by clovers

"A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more."
- Sent by Jasmine Fitzwilliam

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."
- sent by Steve

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend."
- by John Leonard (thanks to Steve's Famous Quotes)


Friendship Proverbs

"Books and friends should be few but good."

"A friend in need is a friend indeed."
- Latin Proverb

"A good friend is my nearest relation."

"Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes."
"Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice."
-Sent in by Angela Kendrick

"To have a friend, be a friend."
(sent by Julio Fung)

"Life without a friend is like death without a witness."
- Spanish Proverb

"The best mirror is an old friend."

"A cheerful friend is like a sunny day spreading brightness all around."
- John Lubcock ( English Astronomer )

"THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF SHIPS. THERE ARE WOODEN SHIPS ,PLASTIC SHIPS, AND METAL SHIPS. BUT THE BEST AND MOST IMPORTAINT TYPES OF SHIPS ARE FRIENDSHIPS."
- OLD IRISH QUOTE (SENT BY -ROBERT J. BADAR JR.)

"The only unsinkable ship is FRIENDSHIP."
-Sent in by Jeff Sczpanski


Friendship poems

The best of friends,
Can change a frown,
Into a smile,
when you feel down.
The best of friends,
Will understand,
Your little trials,
And lend a hand.
The best of friends,
Will always share,
Your secret dreams,
Because they care.
The best of friends,
Worth more than gold,
Give all the love,
A heart can hold

You're never alone, I'm always near,
When your troubled, down or blue.
All you have to do is call me,
I'm always here for you.
It doesn't matter where I'm at,
It doesn't matter when.
When you need someone to talk to,
I'm here to be your friend.
If you need someone to hold your hand,
or a hug to say I care.
If you need a shoulder to cry on,
for you I will be there.
So never think you are a burden,
when the weight gets to be to much.
You might find if look hard enough,
a good friend could be the right touch.
You're never alone, I'm always here,
through the good times and the bad.
I'm always here to be your friend,
I don't like to see you sad.

Rainbow and my Friend
If I could catch a rainbow, I would do it, just for you,
And, share with you, its beauty, on the days you're feeling blue.
If I could, I would build a mountain, you could call your very own.
A place to find serenity, a place just to be alone.
If I could, I would take your troubles, and toss them into the sea.
But, all these things, I'm finding, are impossible for me.
I cannot build a mountain, or catch a rainbow fair;
but, let me be, what I know best,
A Friend, who's always there.
I promise to defend you, should the occasion ever rise,
And, I promise to wipe away the tears,
which might stream from your weeping eyes.
Let me be the trusted Friend, the one that you know best.
I will never leave you, on that, you can surely rest.

No comments: