Activities directors and other healthcare professionals here is a great dementia resource for caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be
Here is a way for nurses administrators, social workers and other health care professionals to get an easyceu or two
Follow alzheimersideas on twitter
National Consumer Voice
Residents' Rights Month 2015: CARE Matters
- What Are Residents' Rights?
- A History of Celebrating Residents' Rights
- Resident's Voice Challenge 2015 Information Sheet
- Introduction and Overview
- Activity Ideas
- Promotional Materials - see current 2015 promotional materials below
- Reasons Why Ombudsmen Should Participate
- Reasons Facilities Should Participate in Residents Rights’ Month
- Sample Ombudsman Newsletter Article
- Sample Letter to the Editor
- Sample Press Release
- Proclamation - Governor
- Proclamation - Mayor
- National Residents' Right Month 2015 Logo (jpeg)
- Twitter - Tweet @ConsumerVoices using #CAREMatters to tell us how you're celebrating Residents' Rights Month. Plus, use this sample tweet to promote the event to your network:
@ConsumerVoices is celebrating Residents' Rights Month #CAREMatters to honor the dignity of long-term care residentshttp://bit.ly/1GS629p
- For ideas on how to incorporate the CARE Matters theme, look at examples from Resident's Voice in 2006 and examples from Resident's Voice in 2005.
- Spread the word about the Resident's Voice Challenge with this printable flyer.
- Photo and Video Release Form
- Biopoem - This format can be used to collect information from residents to develop a poem about their lives.
- Resident Hero - This form can be used to collect information about residents to present in a faciltily open house or other activities. This information can be included with Resident's Voice entries posted within facilities or the community.
- CARE Matters activities
- Resident Idol
- Residents’ Rights Rally
- A Day in the Life: What Quality Means to Me – Photo Challenge
- Area-wide Resident or Family Council Meeting
- Town Hall Meeting
- “I want to tell you about my mother."
- Learning Circle Exercise from the California Culture Change Coalition
- Residents' Rights Bingo Game (provided by The Legal Center)
- Resident Hero
- Communicating Residents’ Rights through Music
- Communicating Residents’ Rights through Storytelling
- Recipe for a Good Life
- Taste of Home: Involving residents in meals and menu planning
- Activities to Call Attention to Residents’ Dining Experience
- Food: The Great Communicator
- Culture Change Training
- Together We Can…Achieve Resident-Directed Care
- Recipe for Residents’ Rights: Free Choice