Thursday, December 7, 2017

Holiday movies

Activities directors, caregivers, and healthcare professionals,here is some great information

Here is a great dementia resource for caregivers and healthcare professinals,

Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be

To all the readers of this blog who are eager to learn more about dementia, I want to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas.

K. Ellis

Favorite Christmas Movies
Published by kyellis at 1:19 pm under Handmade Gifts, Holiday Edit This

I’ve always dreamed of an “old fashioned” Christmas with popcorn and cranberry strings on the tree. One when all the gifts under the tree were handmade by the giver and I made all the pies and Christmas cookies. In fact, I’ve had close as I could get to that experience. It was wonderful, except for my total exhaustion. You see, it was my dream, but no one else’s. And, I was the only one making all my gifts and food and tree strings.

Anyway, I haven’t given up completely on an “old fashioned” Christmas. I do something every year that makes me feel like I still have a connection to that dream. I always try to make a gift or two and I usually make the Christmas dinner, especially if it’s just my husband and myself. However, years ago I added my own more modern holiday tradition.

There are certain Christmas movies I watch every year in the days leading up to Christmas. I watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” and “Miracle on 34th Street” even though there are two versions now. I like both. If I can find the modern version of “Little Women” I add that to the list. And if there is a new one out that I think I might like, I try it and see if it needs to be added to the list. I saw “Polar Express” and am seriously considering adding it to the list.

Famous and Popular Christmas Movies

It’s a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
Little Women (Is this a Christmas movie? There’s Christmas in it)
The Polar Express
The Bishop’s Wife (Cary Grant)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Santa Clause is Coming to Town
A Christmas Carol
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Year Without a Santa Clause
White Christmas
Frosty the Snowman
Scrooged (with Bill Murray)
Elf
Babes in Toyland

Which one’s of your favorites did I miss?

No comments: