Sunday, February 22, 2009

Alzheimer Patient’s Prayer

As an Activities Director, other healthcare professional, or caregiver here is something you may want to remember

Senior Home Care Blog
Pray for me I was once like you
Be kind and loving to me that’s how I would have treated you
Remember I was once someone’s parent or spouse
I had a life and a dream for the future
Speak to me; I can hear you even if I don’t
understand what you are saying
Speak to me of things in my past of which I can still relate
Be considerate of me, my days are such a struggle
Think of my feelings because I still have them and
can feel pain. Treat me with respect because
I would have treated you that way
Think of how I was before I got Alzheimer’s
I was full of life; I had a life, laughed and loved you
Think of how I am now, my disease distorts
my thinking, my feelings, and my ability to respond
but I still love you even if I can’t tell you
Think about my future because I used too
Remember I was full of hope for the future just like you are now
Think how it would be .......Reaad the whole prayer

For more dementia information, click here
For Alzheimer's and dementia activities, click here
For information on being the best caregiver you can be, click here
For a great resource for those with dementia, caregivers and healthcare professinals, click here

No comments: